Pages

Friday 31 August 2018

Gabriele Munter was totally unknown to me before Uta introduced her work to us . Her subject matter is varied so there was lots to choose from ..I chose the same piece that Alison chose but took only elements from the painting rather then trying to interpret the whole piece. The important thing for me was to show her expressionist style and I think I achieved this to a certain extent . It was a good challenge for me and a style I have never attempted before .

                                          

                                            Gabriele's  Still Life


                                            My interpretation

8 comments:

  1. I love the way you have showcased three flowers as well as bringing in the zig-zag pattern of the vase. A lovely piece which you have brought together so well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever taking a portion of your inspiration to interpret. You have captured the simplicity & great use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zooming in on a piece of work is always a good idea, very effective. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly a great interpretation. inspired, yet different. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black outlines that she has on some of her paintings, and I like the way you have used that to make the flowers stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers and your composition. And the zigzag vase is a nice nod to her piece. Is it faced or will you be adding a binding?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your piece! You have interpreted it beautifully and neatly too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete