When the color for this challenge was suggested, I was so excited!
A seemingly simple looking piece but nevertheless it gave me quite a bit of trouble. Getting the image photocopied onto the fabric was very tricky. The color of the print continued to show up as blue irrespective of the settings or the fabric or the photocopier that I used. When I found a method that would give me the correct color, the wording was so faint one could hardly read it. I photocopied it onto voile and tissue paper with the hope of using a medium in some way to get it onto the fabric; I also tried an image transfer technique but none were satisfactory.
When I came to the end of quilting the monogram on the center of the invitation on my first two attempts I couldn't get the beginning and the end of my quilting stitches to meet. Basting did not help as everything came to a point in the center. I then gave up the idea of free motion quilting, put on the walking foot and managed to do it that way.
I eventually photocopied the invitation onto a cotton with a satin finish and bordered it with a beautiful periwinkle colored silk fabric, I quilted it very simply.
I am now working on green which is also following along in the theme of the wedding. So depending on the next color drawn , I may have a theme for this series.