Pages

Friday 31 August 2018

LINOCUT SIMPLIFIED

Firstly apologies for the delay. My computer froze on me after being away for so long and I have just got it up and running again.

I have gone for a take on her Lino cuts as I have already done a still life and a portrait.
I have a metal stamp of a fish which I have never used so I have incorporated it in with the 'waves' she has used.

The stamp.

My inspiration.

My Piece.

My background is a piece of my own indigo dyed fabric and I traced an enlarged shape of the fish and sketched the waves in.  I then used black paint and pens to create my own patterns within the fish and to outline the waves. 

I would have loved to have done a proper lino cut but time just was not on my side. Maybe one day!

9 comments:

  1. I just love what you have done. That fish with his decorative scales fits right in there with those 'Munter' waves. It is very lino-cut-ish. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just my thing, being a Pisces. Just love the fish, waves and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing. I love it. You have combined artist inspiration with your own vision and used a new toy to great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - this is incredible! I love it. Firstly what a fabuolous metal 'stamp' but how you have used it is also wonderful, and so fitting to follow on from Munter's work. Congratulations Helena - I love your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very striking design Phil . I like the emphasis with the black paint and pen on the waves and fish . Makes these elements stand out more than they would with just thread . I think it is a great interpretation .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great piece of work and you have interpreted the piece you chose beautifully. This is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Phil! A great idea to combine the two ideas and it's so well executed! Your stitching is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your piece and I envy you that stamp!

    ReplyDelete