Pages

Saturday 29 February 2020

Window on my world

This is not my first idea which was an image of the telescope at Jodrell Bank (here in Cheshire in the UK) pointing to a starry night sky full of constellations, stars, satellites, etc - a window on the universe!

This a 'window on my world' through my eye and the camera's eye.  I have enjoyed working on this though a wee bit disappointed at the transparency of so many materials.  Raw edge, fused applique with a tiny bit of pen work (Micron Pigma Pens).  I'm pleased I gave myself red painted nails - something I never do! - because I love those little sparks of life.  Is my head in the clouds? - looks like it and I have since had my hair cut very short!!!

I have a confessional to make.  While I was stitching I could hear this rustling/crackling sound and eventually the penny dropped - I had left a piece of Bondaweb paper in the layers.  Duh!  I needed your surgery skills, Rosemary, to extract it from the back - and your theatre stitching skills to sew up the hole!

Window on my world
Thanks for starting on Series 4 with such an interesting theme, Jinnie.

Hilary

PS  I wasn't sure whether to add 'squiggles' to denote a camera brand or not.  What do you think?  H

9 comments:

  1. Wow Hilary what a very clever way of interpreting the theme. You are so good at thinking out of the box and love the red nails - lovely touch. Your piece is absolutely delightful. I really love it. When we first heard that this series would be Architecture I was/am determined to start thinking out of the box myself which for me is not that easy, so hopefully as we go along I will get better at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find it very hard to 'think outside the box' but you have managed it brilliantly. Love your hair in this piece, I feel quite sad you've had cut it shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really out the box, sis. Well done. Love the humour. No sqiggles as the lines are all very clean and precise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the amusing and original way in which you have interpreted the subject.
    I don't think that any squiggles are necessary either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I love your sense of humour and also the way you have drawn the face, camera etc. It is fantastic. �� Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever - both in thought and execution and I’m so jealous of those red nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Hilary! You've done it beautifully with simple colours and lines that make it really work. No squiggles - it would spoil it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely no squiggles Hilary ! Gave me a good chuckle as it was so appropriate to the theme and yet a different take . Wish my hair could look like that !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very different piece Hilary - well done! The red nails certainly puts 'the bling' into the picture! Thanks for a different take on the subject.

    ReplyDelete