Pages

Saturday 29 February 2020

This is my "Windows "piece. I didn't choose a particular window or particular style . Over Xmas 2019 my husband and I went to visit our son who lives in Brisbane . On one day we walked up from the centre city to the Anglican Cathedral which is situated at the top Of Ann Street . It is an interesting building as the exterior is made from Brisbane volcanic rock which is called Brisbane tuff and is coloured from pink to lavender .The inside of the cathedral is made from sandstone  So I started the piece by using Inktense pencils to colour the bricks and then placed the colourful window on top . here are pictures of the Brisbane Tuff and my piece.

8 comments:

  1. What a colourful window! I really must find my inktense pens and start using them. your bricks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Inktense have been very useful for this round! I love your interpretation of Brisbane Tuff - and the window. Congratulations on a lovely piece. Best wishes Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colours and what makes it so interesting is the colour of the stonework you found on your trip to Brisbane and the fact that you used this idea in yur piece. As always your work is beautiful and a lovely interpretation of our first piece in our new series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! I didn't think of a stain glass window - how did I miss that? It's so vibrant, Rosemary, and the colours sing out. Makes me happy looking at it. Interesting facts about the Brisbane Tuff. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you have stayed true to yourself with the intense colours and clean lines. Great piece and interesting background to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your window is beautiful - the quilting is amazing, and it's all so well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely interpretation Rosemary. Interesting story about the bricks and you have captured them so well! I like the leaves in the foreground too.

    ReplyDelete