Pages

Saturday 29 February 2020

Hello again everyone . I see that my name has been pulled from the hat so I am the next person to choose this next interpretation .I have chosen 'New York Art Deco Buildings' which include the Empire State , the Chrysler building , the original GE building, the Fuller building, the Waldorf Astoria hotel and many other well known buildings. The shapes are often geometric but in this era of architecture there were many decorative elements on the outside of these buildings which should give everyone all sorts of ideas and possible interpretations .Hope you enjoy this .

(I just want to add that I shall not be commenting on anyone's work until after Tuesday . I am attending a workshop being given by a wonderful Textile Artist by the name of Sophie Standing , a Brit who lived in South Africa for 10 years and now lives in Kenya . Does wonderful work with animal images . I am so enjoying the Class  . Look her up online and see what you think .)

8 comments:

  1. Rosemary - a fantastic choice - thanks. Lots of geometry to get into with this one I think!
    I can understand your excitement about the class you are taking with Sophie - her work is outstanding. Have a wonderful time. Best wishes Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice - I'm going to enjoy the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful choice with so much scope. I can't wait to get going on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit angular for me but that's my challenge to find some inspirational angles (haha). I like that we are going to be covering a wide variety of themes from the broad to the more specific. Hurray!

    Phillida is going to be so jealous of your class with Sophie Standing - she couldn't get into one in SA.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice. I have had a head start as you will see. Enjoy Sophies workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just had a quick look, and I'm not looking forward to this! I'm not very keen on art deco, but I'm sure I'll find something eventually. Sometimes it's the ones that I find difficult that I find I'm the most pleased with in the end, and I'm hoping that that is going to happen here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A subject that demands lots of very welcome research for me - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Art Deco. We have a number of buildings here in Montreal that are either in the style of or have decorations that are art deco.

    ReplyDelete