Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2021

Try, try and try again

I'm not sure this is going well. One problem is having too many photos of doors for inspiration. Attempt 1 involved one of my favourite doors; our own front door. That got rejected as too similar to previous work. Attempt 2 involved taking several doors and combining them into a single image; too bitty so rejected. Attempt 3 got a lot further; this time an enlargement of a single part of the door. Rejected three-quarters of the way through the sewing; too many little problems cropping up with the attempts at remedying them making the whole thing worse, plus it was too static. So glad I started on this challenge earlier than ususal. Attempt 4 involves the same image as attempt 3, but hopefully without all the errors/problems. I have my fingers crossed this one makes it across the finish line! I hope everyone else is amnaging better than me. In the meantime, here's the image of our front door, just for fun.

6 comments:

  1. Me too. Linda I feel for you as you keep bumping into problems and rejecting yet another idea. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good sturdy door. Compared to our modern white one, it's much more interesting. My textile door is on hold, though I'm hoping to get back to it soon. It's going to be an experiment, which I hope will work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your door! How old would it be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not really sure, but we think it dates from about 1680.

      Delete
    2. Now I am jealous. Ours dates back to April 2019!

      Delete