Pages

Friday 19 February 2021

News, news and more news

First, the business side:  Linda F can you please draw a name 'out of the hat' for the next challenge, publish it soon so the person has time to set our next challenge.

        Names left:  Allison, Amanda, Patricia, Phillida, Mai-Britt, Hilary and Momo.

Who, you ask, is Momo?  Well, the sad news is that Claire is stepping down because of her new role on the executive of SAQA.  Congrats Claire, I know you will champion the quilters 'in the rest of the world'.  I am really sad to loose you because you brought a refreshing perspective to the group.  I hope you will stay in touch and keep a beady eye on us.

The really, really good news is that Momo is joining us.  Claire met her when teaching in Japan recently.  It is so exciting to have a quilter from Japan in the group.  Momo will introduce herself shortly when all the connections are set up.

I have joined the group who have finished their doors - quite a number I understand.  Jinnie, hope you are well and truly on the mend now but don't overdo it!

Mai-Britt it is so, so good to have you active in the group again - we missed you.  Welcome back.

The down side to finishing early is that I have to wait so much longer for reveal day - I'm used to taking it to the wire and almost instantaneously revealing.

Best wishes everyone, hope you are all safe and well and being careful,

Hilary

5 comments:

  1. Eek! I have gone and put both feet in it! Momo is from Taiwan, not Japan. I am so sorry, Momo, that is very remiss of me. And Claire was teaching in China. Groan, I really messed up here. It is wonderful to have someone join us from a brand new country and culture. So sorry Momo. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's OK 👍. I'm looking forward to sharing my idea with all of you!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Claire on SAQA. We'll be sorry to see you go: I've really enjoyed your perspective on the challenges. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Momoko! and congratulations Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to see you go Claire but all the very best. Welcome to Momoko.

    ReplyDelete