Pages

Saturday 31 August 2019


I did enjoy your choice Rosemary as it was colourful and full of fun and I really enjoyed working on my piece. The first thought that came into my mind was to do something  playful and colourful and stuck with this idea.  A Juggling tortoise?  Great fun and in my first drawing I incorporated some of his images into the three balls but they didn't really work for me so I used some African designs,  which are similar to the Mexican designs but not quite so I worked around the two.  Really enjoyed doing this piece and used colours I love to work with.

10 comments:

  1. What fun. I like the feel of movement as the tortoise juggles the balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap.... turtles. This challenge has really brought out the fun in our work. Love your juggling turtle and immediately thought of our African 'earplugs'looking at the balls but with the Mexican twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juggling turtles, who would have thought. Very colourful and imaginative piece, with a firm nod to the inspiration artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the way art from one continent is being transferred into the next. Great colours Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! The colours you have chosen make the piece sing and dance . The idea of the African / Mexican designs within the juggling balls complete this work outstandingly. So clever . I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This artist has really let us let our hair down hasn't he? A juggling turtle is just inspired!It is such fun, and the expression you have given the turtle is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your theme and your colours Patricia and am most impressed with all the detail - the different patterns for the balls, the edges and semi-circles on the border and the overall composition. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super idea Patricia - something different! I can see you enjoyed yourself. Very precise and lots of quilting. (Sorry we missed each other at the Festival.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite colours. This is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pieces are always so carefully thought though, Patricia. Lots of little details in your pieces that add so much to the overall design. H

    ReplyDelete