Pages

Saturday 31 August 2019

Something Fishy

I found Fernando Andriacci's work a little bit to colourful for me, but I was happy to find his painting "Hidden Guys" which colours spoke to me. It's a funny painting, I keep finding more "guys" every time I look. 


This is my piece "Somthing Fishy" based on the right side of the painting.


I'm happy to have finished in time as I had several technical problems with my newly unpacked sewing machine (after a six month in hibernation), not to mention starting a "bit" late....... Next time - give my self more time. I'm ready for your challenge Allison. 


10 comments:

  1. Very clever how you have taken one element and played around with it, very successfully. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your choice of colours and the geometric design mange to ' calm ' down Andriacci's piece to excellent effect. I really like it .Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting interpretation. I like the small hooks, makes me think of going fishing for the day (not that I ever have!). Congratulations on managing to get your sewing machine unpacked, I'm hoping to re find mine in the next couple,of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the way his work has so many little personages nested inside each other. You have been really clever to just isolate that element of his work to work with. I often think to myself 'why didn't I think of that?'. Another brilliant piece Mai-Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have simplified his piece to great effect and together with the colours you used have made this a really lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Mai-Britt, so uncluttered and each element different and yet blending together perfectly. Lots of interesting quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever. I love the fishing hooks. There is something to look at and enjoy on every side of the piece,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great composition Mai-Britt, and a great interpretation. I like the stylized simplicity and the fun fish hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The original and your interpretation make me think of fish.I like the way that you have taken an element from the original and used it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo clever. Yes, I can see fish but I also see art deco moustaches in those black lines - very Poirot! Love it and the quilting textures. H

    ReplyDelete