Pages

Friday 9 August 2019

Counting down to reveal day!

I was thrilled to be able to briefly catch up with Mai-Britt, Linda B and Linda F at the Birmingham Festival last weekend.  I only had one day there and had booked to hear Michael James talking about 45 years of studio work which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I have had 3 workshops with him over the years and he is high up on my list of top quilters.  A really nice man and a fabulously talented quilt artist - well, that's my opinion!

I saw very few quilts and seem to have reached the stage where quilting friends are more important than quilts - can that be possible?  I certainly don't have any more room under my bed for
more large quilts.  Our small 12 pieces are perfect for my life-style now.

What gave me great comfort was that none of us (Linda B excluded as she is on sabbatical) had started our Fernando Andriacci pieces - phew, that was a relief.  I thought I was going to be the odd one out again.  Well done if you have already finished yours.  But, once home, I sat down and started sketching and the ideas kept flowing.  I have settled on #3.  It is in final sketch stage ready to proceed to the next stage - if only life would stop adding things to my to-do list!  This was such fun as I gave myself permission to be as ridiculous as possible!  Did you do the same?

Allison, I hope you have your artist ready to announce straight after reveal day.  This will then be the end of Series 3 which I think has been very successful - I'm sure you all agree.  This also means I need to sit down soon and work out the results of your preferences both theme and size-wise for Series 4.

Enjoy what's left of the summer, happy days,

Hilary

2 comments:

  1. It must have been exciting to see Michael's Indian quilts. A number were posted on FB. You aren't the only one behind the 8 ball on this month's challenge. I have yet to put pen to paper! Good luck to all of us who need to finish (and start!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to catch up with you and Linda F, if ever so briefly Hilary..... I spent more time with Linda B, as she is the guild president and I had volunteered.
    Like you, I found that I spend more time catching up with old friends/quilt colleagues, than looking at quilts and I only took 33 photos, that would normally be 200-300!
    Already looking forward to series 4. I can't remember if I have voted for anything, but I'm happy with whatever is chosen.

    ReplyDelete