Pages

Saturday 31 August 2019

Fiesta - Inspired by Fernando Andriacci


I was not too inspired by this artist's images, but I did really love his colours, so that is what I used as my inspiration for one of my "Colour Explosions." I have a show coming up next week, so this was a great opportunity to expand my colour palette and make a new piece to kill 2 birds with one stone. This piece is made of dozens of small pieces collaged onto a background and heavily machine quilted with added hand  stitching as well. It is mounted on a painted canvas. 


This is my inspiration piece:

10 comments:

  1. You have definitely caught his colours in your piece and used them so well. Best wishes for your upcoming show, I hope it goes really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of colours is wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, great use of colour. As with Fernando's work and the hidden creatures and shapes in his work I found myself discovering hidden bits and shapes in yours. Maybe my imagination is running away with itself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, sometimes the colours inspires us more than the work itself, been there, done that....... It's all about making art, not copying someone else. Well done Helena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very clever technique using many small pieces of colourful fabric to create an impressionistic background so successfully . Like Phil I could almost see images emerging out of these colours .Fascinating. I really should try this technique sometime !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this interpretation very much - and it goes to show you can take any angle as inspiration. Your colours are so rich. I hope the show goes really well

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely colour explosion Helena. Good luck with the show - sorry I'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a burst of color Helena. Very different, and adventurous - I don't think I'd have the courage to try it though. Good luck for your show too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the explosion of colour: a good interpretation of the artist's colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I loved about this piece was the inclusion of little pieces of fabrics that have their own patterns on (more than you usually do) - a nod to Andriacci. As always - you have captured the colours and mood of the artist. H

    ReplyDelete