Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Back in the fold

It was lovely to catch up with lots of people at the FOQ, especially the members of this group.  I too was beginning to worry that I had left starting this challenge too late - I kept hoping for my new studio area to be ready to use, but alas it's still got no flooring or skirting boards.  So now I have a couple of days to devote to my piece, but still no sewing machines set up.  And I nearly made a fundamental error - it's so long since I have taken part I mis-remembered the size of the challenge.  It was only as I was taping together my 24 inch by 24 inch pattern that I sensed something was wrong and went back to check on the website!  Ah - 16 inch by 16 inch seems much more feasible in the time I have left.

So, my piece is likely to be made using fusible applique, but the chances of getting it quilted before the final date are extremely small.  OK, back to a very hot, stuffy upstairs room to put together the new, smaller, pattern now.

Linda


1 comment:

  1. It will be lovely to have you back in the fold, Linda. Just as it is to have Mai-Britt back. Not to worry about no sewing machining - that can come later. Good job your brain clicked in before you set off down the 24" square road!

    Happy landings to Linda B who moves next week. Hope all goes smoothly.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete