Pages

Monday 26 August 2019


Rosemary and I have just spent a wonderful week at our National Quilt Festival which was held here in Gauteng and was hosted by both the Golden Rand Quilters Guild (Johannesburg) and Jacaranda Quilters Guild (Pretoria).  I entered a piece in the challenge which was on the Festival theme "Connecting Threads", the only criteria being that it had to be 40cms square (16 inches) and have the colour orange incorporated in the piece and to include the theme into our piece.  My piece was called "Threads of Life" and hence the DNA Helix denoting the threads that connect all life forms.  I was very honoured to receive a Highly Commended in this category which I attach below and which I thought you may be interested to see.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations and well done. Great interpretation of the theme and love the way you have put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi both - thanks for telling us all about your Quilt Festival. Did you meet Uta Lenk - I believe she was also there!
    I love your quilt - a very clever interpretion of the theme, and I absolutely love Strelitzia - so a double bonus for me! Congrats on your recognition too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece, Patricia. Like Claire, I love Strelitzia flowers - they are so striking. The idea to use the DNA 'connecting threads' was inspired. Your usual beautifully thought through and executed work - congrats - it deserved the Highly Commended award. Hilary

    PS I hope the two of you have been having a load of fun - and a bit of mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Patricia on your award at the Festival. Really enjoyed the Festival and am looking forward to the next one in Cape Town, in 2 years time.

    ReplyDelete