Pages

Monday 2 September 2019

Hello everyone ,
My apologies for apparently not putting up my Andriacci piece by the 31st . My only excuse is that I have been travelling (US, SA and AUS )during the past 6 weeks and only arrived back in the early hours of 1st . September . However I thought I had scheduled it to appear on 31st August . It has not appeared !! Where it is in cyber space I have no idea ??? Anyway here goes:

ANDRIACCI appeals to me immensely as an artist because of his naive style but also because he makes his naive shapes more interesting by filling the primary shape with secondary shapes . In my quilting I do a lot of stylised flowers and so having zoomorphic symbols to deal with instead is a good challenge for me . I have done several Andriacci inspired quilts now and may do others in the future as the more you look at a work of his the more you see in it . I am really glad that most of you got some fun out of your beautiful interpretations . Here are mine :The Inspiration

My Frog

My latest piece done while visiting Patricia in SA where we had so much fun sewing together . I based this piece on Andriacci tree images which ,of course, are less structured than mine. I really loved doing this one . So much fun and bright colours.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, fabulous. Fun, colourful, funky, what more can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both and having seen your second one emerge while you were here which was interesting to see evolve I stand in awe at the amount of detail you do in the quilting which as always is magnificent. Love the colour, vibrancy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the look in his eyes, so content! Wonderful work, both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really shows how much you enjoy this artist Rosemary, and what fun you have doing your pieces. They are delightful.
    When you post ahead, you need to press "post" after you've changed the date. It won't actually post until your date is reached. Otherwise it's just a draft waiting to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vibrant colourful frog: he looks so happy playing his music. I too was on holiday (came back on reveal day evening) and posted ahead for the first time. I was worried that I might not have done it correctly, so it was the first thing I checked when we got home. I must have pressed the right buttons, as it published it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ROsemary - there are absolutely wonderful. I can see you have absolutely been inspired! I so enjoyed looking at both your pir have packed a huge amount in to the small space, and your applique is superb. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not one but TWO! Both brilliant and full of mischief and fun. Superb workmanship behind the clever designs. H
    PS I have not yet worked out how to save my posting beforehand! H

    ReplyDelete