Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Hundertwasser deconstructed

 I took two aspects of Hundertwasser and deconstructivism by taking a painting of his and deconstructing it as well as bringing in the fact that he was before his time as far as protecting the environment was concerned.  He wanted humans to live in harmony with nature and was an Austrian visual artist  who also worked in the field of environmental protection.  When he lived in New Zealand he acquired several properties in the Bay of Islands which included a total area of approximately 372 ha of the Kaurinui valley, where he could live largely self-sufficiently using solar panels, a water wheel and a biological water purification plant and his first grass roof experiment took place there.  (Information from Wikipedia).

Hundertwasser didn't like straight lines which appealed to me so I chose this painting below and deconstructed it and at the same time had fun doing it.




Below is my piece I produced from the above.





10 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I too love Hundertwasser and was so excited to see some of his work in person when I travelled round NZ. I hadn't realised he was an enviromentalist as well though. I love the colours you have used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this group - I learn something new every time! Not sure I fancy living at the top of this structure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly did not know that about the artist. What a fun piece with all the roof gardens. So in at the moment. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the bright colours you have used in your piece Patricia. Also saw a building of Hunderdwasser when on the North Island of New Zealand - a 'working' toilet and urinal. Very interesting to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fun interpretation of work by a great man. Well done! Mum and I visited the new Hundertwasser Memorial Park in Kawakawa last year. It was great and well worth a visit with interesting displays and information about his life and contribution to the local community. https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/experiences/budget-holidays/300202229/te-hononga-kawakawas-new-hundertwasserinspired-hub-is-a-freedom-campers-dream

    ReplyDelete
  6. You learn something every day. Thanks, Patricia. I love the way you have deconstructed his painting and strung out the floors. A fun interpretation of the theme. It has made me smile.

    As a matter of interest I saw this the other day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosco_Verticale

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great piece Patricia, he certainly was ahead of his time, in more than one way. I have never been lucky enough to see any of his work, your interpretation had me laugh, couldn't live there either. Love the colours and the little roof gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that you had fun with this - it sparks joy! And thanks for all the information - I did not know about the NZ connection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bright and cheerful quilt. The painting looks like the Hundertwasser Haus in vienna

    ReplyDelete