Pages

Friday 18 June 2010

Leafy Greens


I'm on a roll! 3 posts in one day. This is a 5" x 7" piece I finished yesterday for a fundraiser exhibition and sale called "Wildcard" aiming to raise money for a local bird rehabilitation centre. All the pieces donated are 5 x 7, unframed, and signed on the back. They will all sell for $65 (the cost of rehabilitating one bird). They are hoping to receive over 500 donations. I'm excited to report that the exhibition will preview in my gallery a couple of weeks before the event. Unfortunately this photo doesn't really capture the intense greens of this piece, mounted on watercolour paper that I painted.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely reason to create and be doing something positive as well. It's a great idea and a great piece - wish I could see it in the 'flesh'. I love the painted background. I'm sure the exhibition will bring in a whole new audience from outside the textile world. Well done, Helena.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete