Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2010


I always stand in wonder when I see the awesome sunsets we get here, especially in winter and decided to add an African flavour in incorporating the Baobob tree to the mix. About a year ago I made a large wall hanging using a Baobob tree as the main focus and bacame fascinated with the almost prehistoric form they take, seemingly rising out of the bushveld as, in the most part, solitary sentinels of the bush. They hold an ongoing fascination for me with their grandeur and dignity. I have used mainly dyed fabric with some commercial print and oil paint sticks.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patricia, you make me feel so homesick. I can almost 'smell' the African bushvelt. There is something very special about baobab trees and the flaming red sunsets. Thank you for reminding me of what I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really captured the fiery glow of the sunset! I can just see myself at a bush camp, drink in hand, on my deck chair enjoying the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the photo revealed itself i said 'oooooooo.' and then a lump in my throat - yip - you've sure captured it patricia. well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors of the sunset and the image of the Baobob tree makes me want to sign up for a safari trip. Wow!

    ReplyDelete