Pages

Thursday 31 May 2018



CIRCLE OF ICE

It was yet another hard decision as to what piece of work to choose to interpret/be inspired by.  Our chosen artist's work was very varied and I really liked her lines depicting the sea and waves but decided in the end to use the one below.  I liked the colours and perhaps as winter has reached our part of the world it felt apt that I use this one.  I drew the design and it evolved as I went along as it looked a bit flat, so layered quite a few pieces of net in different shapes to compliment the design, which definitely added a lot of depth to my piece.  
I really enjoyed working on this and I think I can safely say it is one of my favourites.



6 comments:

  1. Wow Patricia, very successful. Love what you have created. You should be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! I can see the inspiration from the shapes and colours, yet it is your own, Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helena has descried this perfectly. A great combination of two artists at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely piece - from the colours to the design , the choice of layered netting giving it texture and depth and the choice of quilting patterning in the background . No wonder it is a favourite of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you've used the format of a circle on this Patricia. But your quilting and shards still retain the sense of ice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this piece too, Patricia. The moment of the shards flying out captured forever. It's like they are held in space. H

    ReplyDelete