Pages

Sunday 30 November 2014

Where I really began *Photo updated

First of all my apologies for the quality of the image. I had this piece finished within days of the challenge being issued then completely forgot all about it. Hence an emergency dash to the i-camera this morning. Hilary, I'll replace it this evening assuming I can get enough light to take a better photo.
The reason I finished the piece so quickly is that I've had the central section, with stripes, on my wall for years. It was put together with offcuts from a fairly traditional piece, I loved the absence of straight edges and so my love affair with freehand cutting and piecing began.


8 comments:

  1. Ha! Cometh the hour, cometh the piece! Lucky you to have that perfect piece sitting there waiting for its moment of glory. My colours so I am naturally biased.
    (Linda, I won't post any images till you have a chance to take a better one.)

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Looking forward to getting the better image so we can see it a bit larger. My piece nearly didn't get published on time either - luckily Dianne spotted I had posted it as a draft, not a scheduled posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lively addition of the black and white stripes, and the way the edge of the right-hand border is intersected with piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the wonkiness of it. It's great to be able to use a piece that you have saved all these years because obviously you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaks to me as these are the colours of my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting lines echo the lines in the fabric. Lively and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bonus to have something staring at you saying 'finish me' and then have the opportunity. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this technique - you can join the illustrious group of gee's bend, rayna gillman and marion perrault for elevating the status of the wonky log cabin.
    beautiful composition
    the white and black make it zing

    ReplyDelete