Pages

Sunday 31 August 2014

I'm sorry ...

Having posted my teaser, and painted and marked my fabric I managed to construct over half my piece before our Festival of Quilts.  Unfortunately I came away from FoQ with a bad back which I thought would recover with rest but it hasn't so now I'm waiting for a Chiropractor appointment in ... September. I daren't touch my machine in the meantime so until my back is better I'm afraid that machine work is on hold.
My back problem doesn't stop me from getting on with life but there is something about the way that I sit, particularly at my machine, that aggravates it and I've finally learned to err on the cautious side!
I'll be back as soon as my Chiropractor has worked her magic!

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your back - I hope it does get better soon. All that standing at the FOQ can't have helped. At least it is now September and you won't have much longer to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating. I do hope the chiropractor can relieve the pain soon. So many of us hunch over our machines and then suffer. Challenge to the machine manufacturers - design a machine with better vision?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathies, Linda. Have had similar problem and know how frustrating it can be. Hope to see you Saturday
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you! I really look forward to seeing your finished piece, and hope you are back soon, doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When an injury keeps us away from our machines we know it's serious. Rest up and I look forward to seeing your composition soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go well, Linda and good luck with the chiro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the good wishes. The sun and time away from both my machine and the PC have helped greatly!

    ReplyDelete