Pages

Monday 1 July 2024

CAFE AU LAIT

Sorry everyone.  June has been especially hectic and this last week even more so.  The piece was finished apart from the border but I just didn't have the energy to finish it - though after this morning's effort, I might have had better luck!!!


The piece is an homage to Ben Nicholson and Morandi.  There were minor slip-ups along the way and at least one was a fortuitous boob meaning I had to add more turquoise - which I like.  This morning my machine is playing up and the edge is scrappy.  It is raw-edge appliqued, backed with felt, machine quilted and satin stitch edged.

I can't get the colour right - the background is much more creamy beige and the turquoise much brighter.  Ho hum.  It measures 17.5" x 11"

Hilary

4 comments:

  1. Love the impact the turquoise brings to the piece. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrasting turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good design and very effective. I too like the turquoise and the overall mix of colours. Well done knowing you were having an extremely busy time during July. Well done Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always your piece is beautifully designed and executed. Very interesting contrasting colours.Super ! Rosemary

    ReplyDelete