Pages

Sunday 28 July 2024

 Acacia blues

   Over ten years ago I made a journal quilt with transfer prints on a manmade fabric, overlayed with more transfer prints on tyvek. 




 I wanted to try something bigger and had the idea for this quilt, so this challenge was the ideal opportunity to try it.




This time I printed the acacia leaves on a synthetic fabric, again using transfer paints. This was overlayed with a piece of silk organza printed with fabric printing inks. For the trunk I used a denim trouser leg printed with a collagraph plate I made using strips of gauze for the bark pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jinnie, I love the techniques you have used to bring this piece together. I am amazed at the tree trunk result. The subtle stitching around the leaves all makes for a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Jinnie. Both the leaves and especially the tree trunk are so effective. Well done on creating your own collagraph - I'm full of admiration. H

    ReplyDelete