Pages

Monday 1 July 2024

And the next theme is... TREES

 

    During the covid lockdown, when we were allowed to walk no further than a kilometer from home for the short period of an hour, I took a daily walk round our  housing estate, which has many trees in the passages between the houses, and on the stretch of grassland between the estate and the motorway. I began to take  more notice of the trees, filling two sketchbooks with drawings, prints and samples inspired by the textures of their bark, their silhouettes, and their leaves. For the last few years I have been working on samples and have  started making quilts inspired by them. So trees as a theme was a natural choice for me. Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. I love trees and our mother was known locally as the tree lady so a very fitting subject matter for me. I just love the 'eyes' on the trunk of the tree above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the eyes too. It's one of my local trees, though I have a huge collection of photos of trees from all over the place too.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely theme. Thanks, Jinnie. Those 'eyes' are amazing. I also love trees and am fascinated by their structure as when bare in winter. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great theme Jinnie. I'm looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much variety in this 'Tree' theme possible. It will be fun designing the next piece. So thanks for this Jinnie. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete