Pages

Saturday 30 September 2023

Abstract Art Deco

 


Abstract Art Deco




   I wasn't sure what to do for this challenge until I found some of the fabric I had printed and that was left over from the New York Art Deco challenge. I decided to do something simple, especially as I got mixed up about the reveal date for this challenge, thinking that it was at the end of October, so I reused the shapes that I used for my deconstructivism quilt (Chetham's  Deconstructed 12 By the Dozen) and my Klee quilt ( Dotty about Klee 12 By the Dozen: DOTTY ABOUT KLEE) It looks like I have a series! Thank you for the reminder Hilary, as I have just managed to finish it on time by concentrating on nothing but my quilt for the last few days!




7 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simpler pieces are the best, Jinnie. Sorry if I gave you a headache but the end result ticks all the boxes! Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better a headache than being late yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on firstly getting your piece done and secondly being able to use your left over fabrics which work in beautifully with the challenge. Ditto, you have ticked all the boxes with simple clean geometric lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of your design and the way you enhanced the shapes with the quilting lines . Excellent interpretation of the theme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jinnie this is so great. You were clever to have used fabric from a previous challenge, so well done on a really interesting and effective piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, here goes - this is a test comment. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superbe création, Jinnie. Subtile et simple, à ton image.

    ReplyDelete