Pages

Monday 28 February 2022

GAUDI MOSAIC

Yes I did it again - I so enjoyed doing the last one that I put up when I chose Gaudi as our theme I decided I had to do something similar.  I did intend to do it set into a wall but ran out of space and it would have spoilt the design.  I was inspired by a stained glass window in the Cathedral but when I went back to try and find it, unfortunately I never found it again.  I think with his architecture, stained glass, mosaics etc one can become totally overwhelmed with his colour and designs among other things he created.  I obviously changed what I originally found and made it my own which is below.  Loved this theme.  I did size it the same as Hilary 20" square as I needed the extra space.




10 comments:

  1. A sparkling piece, Patricia. I love the way you get the reality of mosaic pieces NOT fitting exactly together. It adds a special something to your piece. Love it. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. So realistic and all that irregular cutting. Well done. Colours sing. Love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what fun, lovely colours, a joy to look at. Inspiration for a table made from old plates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have mastered the mosaic tile work technique perfectly and the colours are a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A true mosaic. Your colour choices work so well, this piece makes me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Gaudi piece, and it would make a great table top design. Your mosaic technique is impressive, and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful piece. You certainly have the mosaic technique mastered. (I wrote that sentence before reading the other comments, but see I haven't said anything that hasn't been said before!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mosaic work - hard to do well with fabric. And I like the quilting that you did. A lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Very impressive mosaic work! Thank you for choosing Gaudi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible, Aunty Pat 🤍 - Lenel

    ReplyDelete