Pages

Monday 28 February 2022

Africa & Gaudi meet!

I was in the Kruger Park when the challenge came thru and we had just had an amazing sighting of approx 18 giraffe with their mosaic patterns. This was a sign I had to include them.
Doing my research the inside of the La Sagrada Familia stuck out as all I saw were the legs of a 'tower' of giraffe.



Yes, this was the route I was going to take. After much procrastinating I chickened out and opted for an outside take. 

The giraffe could feature at the entrance to a building as the struts are above. 


A bit of  cheeky fun using applique, paint and stitch. 



9 comments:

  1. You say 'cheeky' - I say so, so clever. And giraffes come with their ready-made mosaics! I love the links to so many of the features of the Sagrada Familia. No matter that you did an about face, the end result is super. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil this is brilliant - bringing Africa into your design was so clever and as Hilary said the giraffes bring their own mosaic into your piece. Well done on once again thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever! The mosaics in both giraffes and Gaudi's work. Well spotted - pun intended;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful juxtaposition of the two ideas, and so well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, who else would see giraffes in the Sagrada Familia, and now I can't help but see them every time I look at images of the church. Gaudi in Africa - so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever combination! I love how you've brought Africa into your quilt. I like the way that these challenges allow us all to have a different creative perspective on the same subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Phil! So ingenious and well done. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Phil! I would never have thought of doing an African Gaudi! but they say Spain was a part of Africa once. Very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this. It makes me smile and it was a wonderful idea/design and perfectly executed.

    ReplyDelete