Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

Poisson

Poisson

This has not been one of my favourite artists.  That being said, when I finally got around to doing my piece I had fun with it.  I think his designs are quite weird, and sometimes a little grotesque, but I get the feeling that seeing the brilliance of the colour and the immensity of his tapestries would give a whole different impression.  And I would certainly go to see his museum if I were anywhere near it.

The two of his pieces that I was influenced by were:


Many years ago (maybe 15?) Hilary, Rosie and I decided to spend a day doing one of the exercises in a book by Susan Carson and my fish was the result.  It has been hanging around my studio ever since.  This was the perfect use for it!  I enjoyed doing the black spikey outline on it - free motion zigzag - and I enjoyed using the colours that I did - a little richer than I might usually put together.   So thanks Jinnie for the suggestion.

6 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation & your reinvention of your Susan Carson's fish. I benefited from one of her designs as Hilary made one for my husband for one of his birthdays, long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the way you have done your fish as I also used Susan's technique a few years ago and also did a fish. Your colours work well as does your design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever use of two different paintings and your fabrics. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fish is perfect for Lurçat. I like the way you've caught the spikey look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fortunate that you had the fish as a jumping off point. I too have made Susan Carlson fish years ago. great piece of work Dianne and so Lurcat only prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It almost looks like a Coelacanth fish in Jean's work. You have used all the same colours - amazing fabrics! Well done Dianne.

    ReplyDelete