Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

Chloe a la Lurcat

I have to say that I was not enamoured with this artist. Maybe if the work is seen in person one can appreciate it more, especially since the tapestries seem to be very large. So I took the opportunity to do a portrait of my beloved dog Chloe, who is a golden retriever/collie mix. Her golden colour seems appropriate for Lurcat, who uses a lot of yellow and gold. My daughter also introduced me to the photographs of Sophie Gamand, who features pit bulls with flower crowns. And flowers also seemed appropriate for my lovely Chloe.
My beautiful Chloe 

Inspirations:
La Pichonniere by Jean Lurcat

Tater Tot by Sophie Gamand

7 comments:

  1. Love the idea - what a lovely combination - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you used the inspiration to make something that is your own. Chloe is beautiful, both in real life and in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave me a lovely chuckle. Chloe's look with her crown of flowers is delightful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe is beautiful Helena! Did you paint her and the flowers? And as always, your quilting is quite gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is all fabric, except for a bit of white paint on her chest and ears. I don’t know f you can see it, but her body is made of shiny gold satin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea. I love your quilt so much. A very clever interpretation using just a few of Lurçat's motifs. Chloe really does look into your eyes too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Helena. I would never have thought about doing a portrait of a dog, and with a crown of flowers too! Using gold satin fabric for the body sounds very special, and extravagant.

    ReplyDelete