Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

SILVER THREADS AMONG THE GOLD

This is the title I thought of the moment the new subject was announced.  I wanted to construct a design and not a "picture" as this is what I tend to do most of the time - maybe I am too literal and see things in pictures!  Anyway I drew this up and used lots of metallic thread once I started the thread work.  I hope you can see the silver threads among the  gold, they are not too clear in the photograph, but are there nevertheless.  It was a lovely theme and I thoroughly enjoyed the process.  The background is hand dyed cotton, gold silk in the design with lots of metallic threads.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Patricia, this is what came into my head as well and I didn't do it because I am too literal! You've interpreted it beautifully. It's a lovely design and the threads show up well. Good choice.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Patricia, I love what you have done and yes I can see the silver thread. Great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece. I love the feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A well-balanced composition, and the detailed stitching adds lots of interest. I like the play between the silver, the gold, and the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even without knowing the theme this piece stands well on it's own. I love the movement in the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful interpretation of the theme. The silver threads are perfectly visible. Great job working with the metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful composition and together with the lost and found qualities and shimmer of the stitching it really glows in every way.Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i see a very feminine theme here with lots of movement. the silver and gold fits well with both. beautifully executed

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lines are so graceful and make good use of the gold and silver. Nice abstract interpretation.

    ReplyDelete