Pages

Sunday 31 March 2024

ROSES IN A TRELLIS

When I first saw what the challenge was it took me ages to figure out how to create a rose and do it in fabric.  After many drawings I decided on what to do and came up with what you can see here.  It grew rather rapidly as I kept on adding leaves and this whole piece took a really long time to create and finish, but I am very happy with the result.  All the roses are done in Kafe Fassett fabrics and the leaves in hand dyed and other fabrics.  



 

5 comments:

  1. I love your roses. They were well worth the time and I can see why you are pleased with them. I commented earlier, but it seems to have disappeared into the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary . This is a great piece made especially interesting by using such a variety of fabrics in both the roses and the leaves. You should hang it up where it can be seen and much admired .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely composition. Very effective use of all your fabrics. They have all come together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Patricia. This is lovely. Love your choice of fabrics and the design - especially the way the leaves weave in and out of the trellis. It's worth a close up look.

    ReplyDelete