Pages

Sunday 31 March 2024

La Rose rose de Léa

 


  When I saw the subject for the challenge, my first thought was not the flower, but the french word for pink. I therefore  decided to make a pink rose, though now I look at it on the screen, I'm not sure it looks much like a rose. I sorted through my pink fabrics, but found that the commercial fabrics I had in my stash had a horrible greyish tinge and didn't go with my hand dyed fabrics. I found some darker pinks that I had saved from my daughter Léa's childhood clothes: a much loved linen blouse and the lining of a summer skirt. I limited the quilting to just round the petals, having used trapunto to make them stand out. which unfortunately is difficult to see from the front, though it's easy to see it from the back! The working title for this was 'The pink monstrosity', as I hate pink! Léa loves pink and is quite happy to have a quilt reminding her of some of her favourite childhood clothes.

5 comments:

  1. You may not like pink but you have used the shades of pink very successfully in your piece.Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the one commenting on the shades. Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big pink fan but I think as you have graded the pinks it softens the look and is very effective. Pity we don't see the 2d effect with your trapunta of the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shading on the rose and the use of the pink fabrics that you had on hand. As Phil stated it is a pity we couldn't see the 3D effect of the trapunto but it is still really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have difficulty seeing the trapunto effect myself!

    ReplyDelete