Pages

Friday 30 June 2023

RUSTY NAIL

 My original idea was squashed when I came across by accident all my stash of rust dyed fabric which cried out 'rusty nail' so here is my inspiration....... 


Pieced, applique and paint formed the composition of this piece.  For those that don't know the cocktail Rusty Nail (like I did not), there are a few stories as to how it got it's name e.g. the drink mix was stirred with a rusty nail / after the rusty nails holding the Drambuie boxes together / the golden tones of the finished drink. 

So happy that I have used up some of my fabric which is a mix between what Hilary and I had fun creating and what Alison had dyed and gifted me. 



3 comments:

  1. Until I read your explanation, I couldn't understand what rusty nails had to do with cocktails! I like your interpretation of the subject

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Phil - what a wonderful way to use some of your stash in such a remarkable way. I too had never heard of a rusty nail cocktail but you have really given the subject a wonderful twist. Such an interesting take on the subject, so well done on once again of thinking out of the box.- and executing it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of the colours in this piece Phil is very well done and depicts the rusty nails perfectly. Thanks for giving us details of the possible origins of this name for a cocktail . One often wonders how the names came about.

    ReplyDelete