Pages

Thursday 29 June 2023

Cocktail Teaser

    




I'm afraid my quilt is going to be a little late.  I've been working on it most days, but despite that, it's taking me longer than planned. At the same time I've been doing a course with Cas Holmes via Fibre Arts Take Two over the last two months, and I have been really enjoying it. It has enabled me to overcome my problems with freemachining: I will probably be freemachining everything in sight from now on! I gave up on using my newer machine, as I've never managed to get it to freemachine for me and in fact it had put me off. Instead I dragged out my old mechanical machine, which had been stuck in the attic for the last 16 years. I didn't think it would work after not having been used for so long, but with a good oiling it's working perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. Oops! I don't know what happened with the size of the letters, as it didn't look like that when I previewed my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have chosen similar backgrounds for our quilts . Glad your old machine is working well. Sometimes I think they have tried to make modern machines too much like computers. I love the older machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They are far too complicated, with a million and one stitches that most of us aren't going to use! Though I do like the needle down function on my newer machine, and the possibility of slowing the speed with at the touch of the screen, as well as a few other things that my old one doesn't have.

      Delete
  3. I've not forgotten. I'm still plodding on with the seed stitching. Despite spending about an hour on it most days, the area I'm doing seems larger than I first thought: I thing it's expanding when I'm not looking! I am heartily sick of it, and I hate cocktails, even though I've never had one!

    ReplyDelete