Pages

Friday 30 June 2023

High Ball

 Apologies for mine being very simple but it came to me early on and I shared it with Dianne, so I stuck with it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought - feathers! - when they first read Beth's 'cocktails' theme.


Very cheeky.  There is a definition of what a highball cocktail is and how it is served, along with a list of familiar and not so familiar highballs, and a highball glass with cocktail and ice cubes, all quilted in the background.

Raw edge applique, free machine quilting, satin stitched edge.  18" x 12"

Thanks for a fun theme, Beth.

Hilary

5 comments:

  1. Simple but cheeky as you say. This is the fun of these challenges this series. You don't have time to think about whats coming. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good Hilary - what a great take on the subject and so well done. Your quilting on the subject was very clever and executed beautifully. Its so interesting how we all have such different ideas on one subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I love free motion stitching I really enjoyed the simplicity of your design with lots of stitching. You definitely thought outside the box with your 'high ball'. Good fun which gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I love free motion stitching I really enjoyed seeing your background quilting . Your out of the box interpretation of 'highball' gave me a good chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loved the free motion background stitching and the fun interpretation of 'highball' which made me chuckle

    ReplyDelete