Pages

Friday 31 March 2023

Fifty(-ish) Shades of Grey by E L James

Sorry, Jinnie, that's just me being chaotic.  I actually landed on my title ages ago but all the other projects that I get myself involved in seem to crowd in and demand attention.  Like you, Beth, I decided to have a bit of fun - and no, I haven't read the book, but it was a bit of a cause celebre. 


One downside of leaving it the last minute is that I had to piece the yellow background.  The piece measures 16" square.  The wadding is acrylic felt.  The icons are raw edge fused and the quilting is machined with a variegated thread.  The edges are satin stitched.  All fabrics are commercial cottons.

I will have to go back to the library and show the ladies the finished piece.

Roll on the next theme!

Hilary


2 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the simplicity. I am organised but it always seems to drag itself to the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever. Congrats on getting all the symbols cut out at the library. Great symbols to play around with and very effective on the yellow background.

    ReplyDelete