Pages

Friday 31 March 2023

Book title:Fantasy Flower





 I chose the title of the book: "Fantasy Flower" by Keigo Higashino.

This time I am going to try quilting + macrame again, a combination of both techniques. Therefore, the background is made of plain silk blocks to support the main character, the flowers. The shape of the flower is based on the spring flower, cherry blossom, and the macrame weaving method is used to weave four different degrees of flowering - bud, slightly open flower, blooming flower, and fading petal - in order to present a mood of flowering and flowering.

The most tiring part of doing this work is the knitting of the flowers, the 4 different knitting methods really made me think out of my mind!




What I am not so happy with is that the color of the flowers is different from what I imagined, maybe a lighter color would have a more fantasy feeling!

And the background may also need to add some knitting, so that the flowers will be more integrated! 

Overall, I've gained a lot from doing this quilt !


                                                             Momo 

4 comments:

  1. Just love your integration again of macrame with your piece. Those flowers etc are beautiful, delicate and I think the colours are perfect. Anything lighter might not have had the same impact, you are so clever. Overall it all works beautifully for me. Happily have it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece is beautiful and so well thought out - I do like the colours of the flowers and also think paler ones would not have worked so well. A great interpretation overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look complicated to make. Until I read your comments I thought they were beaded. I agree that paler flowers would not have stood out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicate and ethereal, Momo. The colours are just right. Love the fact that the flowers are in four stages. Nicely balanced. Hilary

    ReplyDelete