Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2022

MONET'S BRIDGE

 I was inspired by this piece by Monet who painted 12 different aspects of this bridge during the different seasons of the year, therefore there are many varied pieces of his work.  Yes I have used mosaics yet again to depict the water and water lilies, which in fabric is not the easiest to do, but this was the only way I could possibly achieve any semblance of water.  I did a bit of painting over them but it tended to flatten the overall look, so here we are again using tiny pieces of the various colours.  I also used a lot of paint on the background as the only background fabric I took to the UK on holiday was quite dark, but on my return I used quite a bit of paint to lighten it.  I also quilted the background with a lot of threadwork.  I really enjoyed this subject, so thank you Momo for choosing it for us.






6 comments:

  1. Your use of the mosaic technique has worked beautifully once again in your piece. One of our Mum's favorite artists. She would love it. Well done on getting it back to SA in one piece prior to stitching. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Monet. I took our mum to the actual garden in Giverny and to see the paintings in the Orangerie in Paris. She loved them. The mosaic technique works well and the colours are spot on. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have depicted this Monet bridge wonderfully . I love your use of the mosaic fabric pieces giving movement to the water under the bridge and the paintwork you used to enhance this effect .I can almost feel a breeze wafting through the foliage ,again giving movement . A gorgeous piece !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fluid. So gentle. So calming. So Monet! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mosaic technique is perfect for this, and the paint and threadwork complement it. I used to live not far from Giverny, and the Monet paintings in the Orangerie are some of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all been said about your very successful mosaic technique. Perfect for depicting Monet and his bridge and water.

    ReplyDelete