Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2022

Gaudi

You might not be surprised to find that I find Gaudi's rambling, evolution of design not to my taste.  I needed to regularise this somehow.

I started by looking for recurring motifs amongst the many photos available on the web but having found them, wasn't sure what to do with them. The one photo I kept coming back to was one of the benches at Parc Guell. This is the only CC image I can find to share, the one I was drawn to was taken end on, showing the rise and fall of the seat tops.


I used the seat tops shown in that photo to frame my collection of patterns:




6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Linda! A lesson in less or more. Never mind your aversion to Gaudi, you've shown us how to abstract and filter down to the essence of his work. Like it and it ticks all the boxes for me. Nice one, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who doesn't like Gaudi you've managed to sum up his creative spirit perfectly. I like the colours you've used and the fluidity of the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you always manage to simplify and abstract, Linda and this is no exception. It captures the the mosaic idea in the lines and the quilting and of course, non-linear lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curves and the simplicity of your piece, also the lovely warm colours of those curves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done Linda B. What a clever idea to outline your lines with amazing quilting patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way that you have managed to simplify Gaudi to this extent but for it still to be recognisable as Gaudi!

    ReplyDelete