Pages

Saturday 1 June 2019

The next artist is .......

Here in New Zealand it is 1st June so I thought I should introduce our next artist .
In 2015 my one son married our daughter-in -law on the Yucatan Peninsular , Mexico . We so enjoyed the chance to go somewhere which we otherwise would not have visited . Because of security issues we stayed in a resort called appropriately "Dream Resort" and we certainly had a dreamlike time there, wedding ceremony included . In one part of the resort's garden  I saw a tiled wall on which were painted fascinating naive animal and bird shapes filled with equally bizarre shapes of other animals and human faces or vaguely geometric shapes . I loved it and took several pictures . Here are a couple of examples :



I found his work happy,  amusing and delightful and have already made a couple of quilts based on it. His name is Fernando Andriacci . So ladies enjoy- with this artist anything goes!! His work is readily available to see online and is very recognisable .

7 comments:

  1. Wow this is going to be fun. Colourful & funky. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a find. Thanks Rosemary. A joyous fantasy world! This is going to be fun.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to enjoy this artist! It would be nice to see some of your work that he inspired Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy and mad! I love his work. This is going to be fun fun fun! Thanks for another great choice. xxx Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rosemary, what a find! Looking forward to interpreting his work - thanks for your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colours he uses. I've already got an idea of what I want to do. I'm looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant find, and another artist I have never heard of, thanks Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete