Pages

Thursday 21 July 2011

21 July 2011


I am sooo.... envious of you girls and the fun time you all have had and best of all the wonderful results. They are all fantastic.  I received a bottle of  'deColourant'  with my order of dyes last week.  I used a thermofax screen and made three drags on a piece of cloth. Unfortunately the area I stay in is a strongly traditional bunch of quilters.  No more complaining, I know Hilary has some wonderful things up her sleeve for us to do when I arrive in a weeks time.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful effect you have achieved with the deColourant and the thermofax screen! I'm sure you will be able to do something interesting with it.
    Have a super visit with Hilary next week, and don't forget to post photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely and wintery. Maybe I'm being influenced by the heat wave we're having at the moment! Have a wonderful time in England. And I'm sure Hilary has a whole pile of new tricks to show you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I not like it - my favourite colour (blue) and wonderful layering. Was it your own dyed fabric or a commercial fabric - or someone else's hand dye?

    How does deColourant compare with the other 'bleaches' that are available? Is it safer?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric is one of Glenda's (Amafu Fabrics) and is actually more black but with a blue under tone. I think the flash picked up that. The Golden Discharge Paste that I bought a number of years ago works as well but is ageing so thought I would try the other.

    ReplyDelete