Pages

Thursday 14 July 2011



I have just finished my fragment(s) piece which I am quite pleased with - in fact it was a fabulous subject and I have so enjoyed doing it. I so look forward to each and every subject that comes up and I am enjoying the creative process so much - our blog has done so much for me and I am absolutely loving each and every bit of it. I know I don't put much up here but nevertheless read all and everything that is being done by all of you. The reason I have had to get my piece finished so quickly is that I am meeting up with my sister from New Zealand (also a quilter) and we are off to Birmingham together to spend 5 glorious days amongst all the quilts and quilting friends. Apart from Hilary and Phil are any others of you going to be there? If so I look forward to meeting up with you. I am then going to spend time with my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren in London before returning back just in time to put my Fragment(s) up on our blog.

I had some fun recently after reading up on the Zen Doodles in Quilting Arts and did a couple of pieces which I will put up here. I think in the one I must have been influenced a bit subliminally colour wise as I seem to have gravitated to using the same colours as the one shown in the magazine - just goes to show how one is influenced, even by colours and we have to continually bend our creative spirit to doing what we want to portray.

3 comments:

  1. I'll also be at Birmingham - would be great to meet up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the two little quilts, Patricia - particularly the top one. I'm a curves person and the colours appeal to me. It's a while since I saw a Quilting Arts magazine - must look them out again.

    It's not long till Birmingham and I am nearly ready. That means there will be 5 of us at the Festival - we promise to have a photo taken to show the rest of you what you're missing!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little quilts. The quilting really enhances them. Have a wonderful time in London!

    ReplyDelete