Pages

Monday 6 December 2010

Ammazulu African Palace



These should have come at the bottom ! Above are pictures of the interior of the hotel which includes graffiti on the walls!
This morning was spent at a boutique hotel called "Ammazulu African Palace" with my local quilt Guild. This is a vision that a local architect by the name of Peter Amm has carried for the last 40+ years. It finally came together over the last 5 years .... 2 years designing and 3 years building. The original idea was a museum to house his massive collection of african art, etc but it was scuppered by our local municipality as his property is on the edge of a magnificent gorge, Kloof Gorge, and is in a residential area, hence the boutique hotel. Above is the magnificent view over the gorge


This is the entrance to the hotel (actually running as a B&B at the moment). Below is the view thru the front door towards the pool and verandah. There are mezzanine levels on either side of the building which hold the 10 bedrooms, all with magnificent views.



This is just a taster of what's going on so if any of you find yourselves in my part of the world it is really worth a visit.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, when is the next retreat please? What a beautiful inspirational place to meet. I hope you were able to walk about as well - the scenery must have been magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are incredible and I wanted to see more, so I went on their website...WOW!! The art and architecture are spectacular but the view is breath taking! Phil, you are so fortunate to have seen this with your guild...did you reserve a room? Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they were 'empty' we were given free access to the whole property and believe me we covered the whole building. Spend a night .....+/- R1800.00 for B&B! A dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC! Oh I wish I could have been there to see it all. I expect you gave up in a very short time saying 'O wow - look at this!' and just walked around with your mouth open - I would!
    I see the columns are tiled - makes my little (unfinished still) table look pathetic. But what an entrance both outside the front door and in the foyer....
    Thanks for sharing - I will now go and have a look at their website like Venetta did.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete