Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010


Frenzy! OK, I'm guilty of it not being an original design, but I've always been fascinated to see if an optical illusion of this sort will work in fabric. My first idea was an image that looks as though it is rotating, but when I looked at the complexity of the design I decided against it. This design seems to pulsate in it's original version, but I don't think it has worked in this medium. Not sure why - maybe it needed to be more complex at the centre where I simplified the design slightly. Anyway, I love the colours and I am pleased with the result of this challenge.

I found it interesting that four chose fish as the subject, a subject that never entered my head when I was thinking about the challenge. I love all the pieces posted so far, and look forward to seeing the rest.

When is our next challenge due?? As we moved this deadline forward, are we moving subsequent dates forward?? I'm happy to have the next date as 1st March.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I like it, Linda. I think you captured the mood well. There's those ever decreasing circles...

    I suppose it was almost a given that the three South Africans would choose fish...but Dianne's is just so humorous.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great optical illusion. I couldn't make it rotate, but the more I stared the more the centre started to get smaller and gave me the sense of the beginning of a vortex. After seeing the website Hilary sent out, I'm also tempted to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chartreuse contributes almost a nauseous feeling that relates to the element of fear inherent in frenzy. This theme made me think about what frenzy is, whether it's better expressed by focused movement or random, frantic movement, how scarcity contributes to frenzy, like frenzied shopping, feeding frenzy, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those colors works so well - there is definitely movement there of a frenzied sort. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, After staring at your piece for a few moments, it did start to pulsate! YIKES!! So cool! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to post yesterday but then cancelled as it went through in Gus' name - I think it's amazing and really moves for me - crazy optical illusion...When I saw you all had frenzy I wondered what you would all do and I think yours really sums up the word and feeling for me! Well done...Debs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever! Unfortunately I have a problem with optical illusions (3D pictures etc) my eyes just cannot get it. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete