Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Olympic Connection

I enterpreted the theme on a personal level. I am from British Columbia where the Olympics were held. As a former figure skater, teacher and volunteer of the sport I am forever connected. The Olympics achieve a connection between athletes and countries. The lettering was done on my computerized longarm, the clamshell background fill is something I haven't done before and instead of binding it I used a decorative trim tied in a knot at the corners. Wool batting was used to give a slight trapunto look for the figure skater. Fun, fun, fun! I am looking forward to the next one!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you did an Olympic theme- beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you able to attend/volunteer to the Olympics this year? Your theme came through very effectively and your quilting is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continually amazed at the amount of tiny quilting you girls can get on your big longarm amchines. The quilting and design is truly impressive.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete