I painted the background fabric and made shell stamps using foam sheets. I printed the shells onto the background then free motion quilted it. Finally, I handstitched running stitches around some of the shells.
I'm really looking forward to the next theme - interesting!

Bren I really like your choice of colours and your use of hand stitching .The background fabric looks interesting too. You must be very pleased with the result. Rosemary
ReplyDeleteBren I do like your design. Did you use very hard foam as this was a really good idea to cut out the shapes and then print them onto the fabric. Makes it an interesting alternative to using applique and stitching them on to the background.
ReplyDeleteAs Rosemary said your background looks very interesting as well. Well done.
Thank you both. The foam is just cheap foam that children use for playing. I bought it from a shop called Hobbycraft which is a craft shop that sells all sorts of stuff, including loads of cheap things for children to use. The foam was one of these.
DeleteI like your use of print for the shells. The cheap foam works well for prints, as it's easy to score lines in with a biro.
ReplyDeleteThat’s exactly what I did - used a biro to mark the detail. It’s so effective and so cheap.
Delete