Ancient Shells: Ammonites
I enjoyed this challenge. I decided to use a subject that I have used twice before for this group. One day last winter we had a lot of snow, so I was able to try snow dying for the first time. I had some successful pieces, including some old cotton sheet and silk organza that were just right for this quilt. I cut a lino block in the shape of the ammonite, using it to print on the cotton, then overlayed it with the dyed organza. I struggled to hand quilted the shells, finding it difficult to pass the needle through the fabric. It wasn't until I lost my needle and had to use a new one when doing the seed stitch background, that I realised that the problem must have been a blunt needle!
The other two quilts that I made for the group are the following:
I'm sorry that my quilt is late, but it has been very stressful couple of weeks.
ReplyDelete