Pages

Thursday 30 June 2022

The Call to Prayer

So sorry this is a month late.  You'd think that as I chose the theme, I would have had something in mind...  I didn't but two images kept cropping up in my search - minarets and screens.  I love the sweeping lines of the modern minaret architecture.  I also like the geometric shapes and designs, so decided to combine the two.  I was tempted with the arches that Linda B was attracted by, but choose the Hizdahr Tower.  Actually, I'm not sure it has actually been built but it is a design by Hugh Marentes.




The minaret is white fabric appliqued and painted with Inktense pencils.  The quilting is embroidered on my machine and I am less happy with result.  I had hoped to get radiating circles of light/medium/dark thread colours but the medium is too dark.  Ho hum.  Size: 15.5" x 20".

Now, to get my act together and make a start on 'bridges' - love the theme.

Hilary

8 comments:

  1. Hilary, I think this is EXTREMELY beautiful. I sincerely love everything about it. I feel quite moved by it in a way I can't really identify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I just love it and the embroidered/quilted tiles are stunning. Worth all the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Hilary. It has the considered approach I know my recent pieces have been missing. Your interpretation of the tower is of the standard I've come to expect but it's the way you've worked the background that sets this piece apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. The cool colours give it a really calm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite magnificent Hilary. You've captured the airiness of the design and the quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As is usual for you, this quilt is beautifully executed and I really like the overall quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilary your piece is absolutely beautiful. Your work is, as always, executed and quilted so perfectly.. This is a stunning piece of work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! It captures a feeling of light and reaching up to heaven.

    ReplyDelete