Pages

Wednesday 28 February 2018

LUNDSTROM
When I was confronted by this artist I knew that his serene and minimalistic style would need a different approach from my usual. So I chose to select shapes(jug and oranges)and convert them into an abstract design using colours that he liked to use. These are the pictures which were my inspiration:




I enjoyed working in this style -slightly Art Deco-ish and using non distracting quilting in the background and on the shapes . This is the final result:


8 comments:

  1. Great inspiration & interpretation. Love the use of the orange as Dianne has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fabulous interpretation, Rosemary. I am blown away by how you have captured his style and totally made it yours.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant job! stunning in its own right and as inspired by Lundstøm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation - a very clever twist on the jug/orange combo!

    I wish I had thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The merging of these two paintings and making it you own is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really striking.I like the way you've combined the influence of the two paintings and made it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Rosemary. Great interpretation, and I like your quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the way you have combined the two Lundstrom pieces and given it a modern twist without losing the essence of his work. Love the lines and circles depicting both his colours and shapes. I do like this interpretation of his work very much.

    ReplyDelete