Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Connections

This morning as I arrived home after a nice walk with the dog, there were all sorts of birds in the trees in front of the house.  Both hairy and downy woodpeckers, a pair of cardinals and chickadees.   As well as the usual assortment of starlings and LBJs.  There is an urgency in the air - winter is nearly upon us and some of them are on their way out of here.  

Since I won the lottery and must select a theme for our January start I've been stewing over it for a while.  My husband thinks that trains would be a good idea.  However after seeing Marion's studio and noticing her African baskets, the word CONNECTIONS jumped to mind.  I've met several new people lately and am surprised by the number of connections that we made - mostly places we've lived in and people we've known.  But the word is broad and I hope can be interpreted in many ways.

So Connections it is.  Have fun with it.
Dianne

3 comments:

  1. Excellent choice - and it can still be a train!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it ( I think!) although your husband's idea would have been a lot easier, Thanks for a bit of extra time, too. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant "launch" for our first project!

    ReplyDelete